Review: Wild Awake + Giveaway!
Series: Stand Alone
Published by Katherine Tegen Books on May 28th 2013
Genres: Young Adult-Contemporary
Source: FTC: Exchange for honest opinion, Publisher
Buy on Amazon
Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:
1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.
Things that actually happen:
1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.
Both exhilarating and wrenching, Hilary T. Smith’s debut novel captures the messy glory of being alive, as seventeen-year-old Kiri Byrd discovers love, loss, chaos, and murder woven into a summer of music, madness, piercing heartbreak, and intoxicating joy.
Wanting something different, I decided to read this book. It raw and real with so many changes that it takes you into a story that is crazy, beautiful.
1. Plot. If you got a call regarding your dead sister about her stuff and life, what would you do? Kiri sets out to find out what was hidden from her. I knew the moment she got the call she was headed down a road she never journeyed before. Heck, I would too. I think the plot alone was done well… still sometimes it left you feeling lost since there is so much going on at one time.
2. Characters. Kiri is a great character. She takes charge in searching out answers she been longing to hear. Her growth throughout the book is amazing. She takes chances on things she never done along with finding a new love she never thought she find.
3. Love. I really loved this part of the book. After going through so much, Kiri makes a new friend who in the end helps her as she helps him. It was like they both needed each other in order to go where they needed to go.
4. Crazy & Beautiful. My only gripe about the book is that it seems to go from one extreme to another. It jumps so much that some parts are crazy. Then the author writes something so that the reader understand the characters actions and its beautiful.
5. Coming Of Age. This is good coming of age story. It’s raw and heartfelt. Taking it to a whole new level, this story captures the reader with great writing.
Wild Awake is a satisfying story, taking the reader for a great plot of love and truth. Loaded with drama, it steals the reader with crazy emotions that are like a roller coaster. Alluring and wildly entertaining, Wild Awake is honorable.
I give it 3 BITES!
- 1 ARC of Wild Awake
- 1 Winner will be picked
- Ends May 25, 2013
- Hosted by BWB
- To Enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below
- Must be 13 years of age or older
- Contest is open to US ONLY!!
- Winner will be announced on the blog via Rafflecopter
- Winner will be notified by email
- Do NOT put your email in the comment section
- Check out my Contest Policy