Review: The Indigo Spell
Published by Razorbill on February 12th 2013
Genres: Young Adult- Fantasy/ Paranormal
Source: FTC: Exchange for honest opinion, Publisher
Buy on Amazon
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.
Can I just say how much I LOVE this series??? Cause I do!
1. Adrian. Need I say more. He alone makes it good enough for anyone to pick up this book.
2. Plot. It’s really good and weaved well with the characters. I’m excited now that certain developments have happen, to see where the story will go.
3. Love interest. It does go back to Adrian but don’t you think Adrian deserves his own spot? Yes, right? The love between these two is going somewhere and I like it. I love the way Adrian in manipulative in what he wants. When this boy knows what he wants, he goes right after it!
4. Mystery. The mystery of certain somebodies kept me in the book. I like that Adrian and Syndey had to work together in order to accomplish goals. Hey, the more time they spent together, the better 😛
5. The end. I think the end opened up doors for some wide possibilities With new characters coming into the story, I’ m anxious to see how Syndey will react in all of this. Will she back out? Or will she become even braver?
The Indigo Spell is a fantablous book full of great writing you can never get enough of. Impressive action and great plot twist, The Indigo Spell is brilliant. Ms. Mead keeps the reader engaged, maintaining a pace of excellent characters and plot. Pleasing and a page turner, The Indigo Spell rocks!
I give it 5 BITES!