Series: Stand Alone
Published by HarperTeen on December 29th 2009
Genres: Young Adult-Contemporary/Romance
Buy on Amazon
Paradise wasn't supposed to suck.
Not the state of being, but a resort in the Caribbean.
Jena, Dakota, Skye, and Owen are all there for different reasons, but at Paradise their lives become tangled together in ways none of them can predict. Paradise will change them all.
It will change Jena, whose first brush with romance takes her that much closer to having a life, and not just reading about those infinitely cooler and more exciting.
It will change Dakota, who needs the devastating truth about his past to make him realize that he doesn't have to be a jerk just because people think he's one.
It will change Skye, a heartbreakingly beautiful actress, who must come to terms with the fact that for once she has to stop playing a role or face the consequences.
And it will change Owen, who has never risked anything before and who will take the leap from his online life to a real one all because of a girl he met at Paradise. . . .
From confused to confident and back again, one thing's certain: Four months after it all begins, none of them will ever be the same.
Scratching another book off my own tbr pile, this book took me by surprise.
1. Point of views. This story contain four short point of views of big changes in their lives. Some changes are good while other are good. It’s clear that in the end, they all learn a lesson.
2. Graphic. Since this is YA book I didn’t expect it to be so graphic. Still it had some adult humor in it that made me snicker.
3. Tangled. Just like the title, all of their lives crash violently together to come together for something bigger. They all have a part of each other lives that needed to weave so that they can grow and learn.
4. Taking chances. It clears that all of these teens live hard, fast lives. Taking chances on bad things, they all had to learn to take a chance on something good for once. Even if it means making drastic changes.
5. More. At the end of the story, it came together so wonderfully that I wanted more. I loved Jena’s story and I’m glad that she got a happy ending. I’m still interested in learning what happens to the rest of the characters.
Tangled is great book. Raw and exciting, I can’t wait to read more by this author. A great summer read that will leave you wanting more, Tangled is daring.
I give it 4 BITES!