Review: How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True
Series: Stand Alone
Published by Balzer + Bray, HarperTeen on April 23rd 2013
Genres: Young Adult-Contemporary/Romance
Source: FTC: Exchange for honest opinion, Publisher
Buy on Amazon
From Sarah Strohmeyer, author of Smart Girls Get What They Want, comes this romantic comedy about one girl's summer job from hell. Think The Devil Wears Prada set in Disney World.
When cousins Zoe and Jess land summer internships at the Fairyland Kingdom theme park, they are sure they've hit the jackpot. With perks like hot Abercrombie-like Prince Charmings and a chance to win the coveted $25,000 Dream & Do grant, what more could a girl want?
Once Zoe arrives, however, she's assigned to serve "The Queen"-Fairyland's boss from hell. From spoon-feeding her evil lapdog caviar, to fetching midnight sleeping tonics, Zoe fears she might not have what it takes to survive the summer, much less win the money.
Soon backstabbing interns, a runaway Cinderella, and cutthroat competition make Zoe's job more like a nightmare than a fairy tale. What will happen when Zoe is forced to choose between serving The Queen and saving the prince of her dreams?
Totally cute and exactly what I needed, I’m so excited to share with you all what I loved about this story.
1. Realistic. I love how real Zoe’s life it. She faces hard losses, financial struggle, and learning who she is. Zoe faces lots of hard times but she prevails, pushing through to the end, sacrificing for everyone else. She’s works hard and it shows.
2. Love. Don”t you just love it when you find love when you least expect it? Especially if they guy who keeps saving your butt is a mystery. This part of the story gave me so many butterflies and excitement. I kept trying to figure out myself who the guy would be and yes, I love that it was indeed him.
3. Friendship. One thing I enjoyed about Zoe is that she is loyal to the end. Despite getting in trouble and doing things wrong, Zoe is the type a friend that I would love to have. Selfless and loyal in all of her actions, Zoe’s loyalty takes her farther than she ever expected.
4. Fun. This is a totally fun book. It makes you giggle, swoon, and just have a great time reading. It’s not straining or hard to read. It’s simply a fun, cute read that you can sit back and enjoy.
5. HEA. Yes, it has a happily every after…well not exactly. Zoe works hard to make her dreams come true. And while some of them didn’t come true, she got what was most important. Love.
Exceptional and wonderful, I have yet again enjoyed what the author has written. Easily hooked, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True is such a great read. A winning combination of love and life, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True is sensational.
I give it 5 BITES!