Published by Atria Books on December 19th 2012
Genres: New Adult-Contemporary/Romance
Buy on Amazon
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…
That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.
Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.
Readers Note: In a effort to explore different ways of writing a review, I thought I give this method a try. Five simple points in which you can decide if you like the book. Let me know if you like this method or not in the comments. Thanks!
I read this book based on a friend recommendation and she did not steer me wrong! I LOVED IT!
1. The plot. It has everything you could want in it and more. From secrets to lies, this plot will have you at the edge of your seat…literary!
2. No insta-love. Yup, that’s right. You get a story of two characters with a past that has been hidden from them. You get to explore every part of their relationship as they come to the conclusion of love and friendship.
3. Back Round history. The back round history of characters is what makes this story. The past is harsh and has so much drama in it you can’t help but loose yourself in the story cause of it. The moment that little bomb of what really happens will make you loose you head.
4. It’s addicting From the start of the story, as the reader you began to question motives and actions. Like,”Why is he mad?” “What’s he hiding?” And you can’t help but keep reading cause you NEED TO KNOW. Once in the story, you are compelled to finish.
5. The ending. GAH! The ending is so amazingly good that you are in awe that you just read the book. I couldn’t believe that it finished and when I was done I wanted nothing more but to re-read it again.
Hopeless is a glorious, amazing book that will leave you stunned! The clever world building colliding with lies is exhilarating. Blindsided by a jaw-dropping plot, Hopeless is spectacular!
I give it 5 BITES!