Series: Stand Alone
Published by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers on May 14th 2013
Genres: Young Adult-Contemporary/Thriller
Source: FTC: Exchange for honest opinion, Publisher
Buy on Amazon
Seventeen-year-old Parker Frost has never taken the road less traveled. Valedictorian and quintessential good girl, she’s about to graduate high school without ever having kissed her crush or broken the rules. So when fate drops a clue in her lap—one that might be the key to unraveling a town mystery—she decides to take a chance.
Julianna Farnetti and Shane Cruz are remembered as the golden couple of Summit Lakes High—perfect in every way, meant to be together forever. But Julianna’s journal tells a different story—one of doubts about Shane and a forbidden romance with an older, artistic guy. These are the secrets that were swept away with her the night that Shane’s jeep plunged into an icy river, leaving behind a grieving town and no bodies to bury.
Reading Julianna’s journal gives Parker the courage to start to really live—and it also gives her reasons to question what really happened the night of the accident. Armed with clues from the past, Parker enlists the help of her best friend, Kat, and Trevor, her longtime crush, to track down some leads. The mystery ends up taking Parker places that she never could have imagined. And she soon finds that taking the road less traveled makes all the difference.
I do not know why I hadn’t read this book sooner. This author is officially on my “must buy” list.
1. Plot. have you ever read a plot that is so intriguing, you can’t help but get lost in the book? You get so lost, you loose track of time and everything around you disappears. Yup, that this book. The story is amazing and powerful.
2. Characters. The characters start of raw in the beginning that so that you can see the transformation of who they will be in the end. At first, you may think that Parker is the only one changing, when in fact, because of Parker’s quest to look outside the box, so many others change around her. And that’s beautiful.
3. Unexpected love. I never thought that on this journey, Parker would find love. She is so determined to solve the lost past mystery, that right in front of her, is a guy who has admired her from afar. It was a nice touch that in between all the craziness of the story, that love pops up for Parker.
4. Great Friendship. There is nothing better than having a friend who knows you better than you know yourself. And finding that one person is a rare occasion. Parker has a great friend who has a lot to do with Parker’s quest for answers. She gives her that push she needs, helping and shaping Parker to know what she wants.
5. Finding Yourself. You think that once you set out on this journey that you know exactly what you will find. That everything will come together exactly the way you want it. Parker had a goal. That goal didn’t quite come out the way she wanted it to. But in the end, that one choice lead Parker to see another.
This is an amazing read. Mesmerizing from the first page, Golden is a classic story that blows you away. Solid with an unsuspecting plot twist, Golden leads you to a place you never explored before. With chemistry and sparkle, Golden shines like no other.
I give it 5 BITES!