Published by Balzer + Bray on February 26th 2013
Genres: Young Adult- Dystopian/Post Apocalyptic
Source: FTC: Exchange for honest opinion, Publisher
Buy on Amazon
Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence--it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that involves Kira, a plan that could save both races. Her companions are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?
Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what's left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira's journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and Kira and Marcus both will discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn't even know existed.
The second installment in the pulse-pounding Partials saga is the story of the eleventh hour of humanity's time on Earth, a journey deep into places unknown to discover the means--and even more important, a reason--for our survival.
Diving into a sci-fi I couldn’t forget, Partials took me away. I knew the sequel would have loads in it, since the first book left off with the one secrets revealed at the very end…
1. Plot. This plot is very complex. There are some point of view of switches, so you must pay attention. Lots is going on so you need to be sure you read every single sentence so that you don’t get lost or confused.
2. Characters. All the characters have grown so much. Now that all that was revealed in the last book, Fragments is just picking up the pieces of the last book with much more action. I really like that some of the characters took charge while others betrayed. There is even a new character who changes a lot of things.
3. Love interest. Love interest didn’t go far, but some how some way it form a love triangle. At least, Kira is not bouncing back and forth between guys. Still, love interest does get complicated.
4. Action. There is much movement from place to place. Lots of fighting and on the run scenes. It gets your heart racing! I love the build up for such excitement and the scenes themselves are devouring!
5. Back round history. Now that the secret is out, there is much to learn about ParaGen and their motives. The reader get LOTS of juicy info of the planning that ParaGen is doing and has done.
Overall, I think that this story lives up to the first. It is much more define and the bigger picture is coming together nicely. An endless entertaining story, Fragments is great!
I give it 4 BITES!