Book Tag: The Ultimate Book Tag
Hello everyone! Welcome to my first book tag. This book tag is called The Ultimate Book Tag and it was created by the lovely ladies at Chapter Chicks.
If you like to participate, please leave your link in the comment below so I can visit and read your answers.
Let’s get started!!
The Ultimate Book Tag
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, I do not. In-fact, I do read in the car quite often.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hmmm, I would have to say Patricia Briggs. There is something about her writing and characters that just click for me. I can read her books over and over and snicker at parts I already know are coming up.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Ugh! This is a hard part but I’m going with Harry Potter. My points are:
2. AWESOME PLOT!
3. Professor Snape’s love for Lily. (*Cries*)
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
No book bag, but I do carry a large purse. In-fact, I buy my purse based on if I can fit a large hardback. If I can, then I buy it. Right now I have Ruins by Dan Wells in my purse.
5. Do you smell your books?
*Looks around* Is it weird if I say yes? *Looks around again….sniffs book*
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I can read books that have both. I think a little illustration really helps bring the story to life.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Before I was a blogger I could read anything and it be 5 stars. But as I continue to read, I realized that characters and plot either make or break the book for me. I need to be able to connect and feel the emotions. So a book that I loved was The House Of Night series. I love it in the beginning but as the series continued I felt like it was same thing over and over, then it just fell flat for me. I read all the way up to book 9 then broke up with the series.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I don’t have any funny stories with book from my childhood. But I do have a romantic story that happen a while back:
When I go shopping, I somehow (wink*) make it to the book section of the store. On this particular trip, I saw a book that I had been wanting and decided to buy it. When we were checking out, I noticed a few wet spots on the conveyor belt so I purposely put the book on top of another product that way it would not get wet. The lady that was checking us out, grab the product on the bottom instead of the book on top. I knew that when she did that the book would fall on the wet spots. I was about to reach out to grab the book, when my wonderful husband ever so swiftly caught the book before it fell to its demise. Then he said,” Can you please be careful? My wife has been waiting for this book and she does not want it wet.” The check out lady stared, appalled at my husband’s comment and me? I fell in love with my husband all over again! Best. Husband. Ever!!
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
My First Love by Callie West
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Fallout by Ellen Hopkins
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do. I do write and have started a book but I am my own worst enemy. I criticized everything I write, call it crap and give up. Hopefully one day, I will be able to sit down and finished what I started.
12. When did you get into reading?
I got into reading in the second grade. When I entered elementary they had this program called BookIt. If you read so many books per week, the child would earn a free personal pizza from Pizza Hut. Let’s just say that I became a reading machine. Every Friday, my dinner was pizza that I earned from reading 4 books a week for school! The teacher knew every Friday to had me my coveted coupon and my mom knew to order my pepperoni pizza and pick it up after school. I did that for 4 years. (2nd-5th grade) Once I got in Junior High I no longer qualified for the program but it was indeed my start into reading. In fact, I just learned that the program is still going strong. So thank you Pizza Hut for the awesome introduction to reading!
13. What is your favorite classic book?
My favorite classic book is Dante’s Inferno. When I was a freshmen in high school, my mom went back to college. One of her first courses was literature (My mom is an English teacher) and she had to read Dante’s Inferno. Unfortunately in high school, I was picked on for reading. Every time I was found in the library by one of my so called “friends” I would be made fun of. So I stop reading. But I did read at home. And I read Dante’s Inferno along side my mom. I was scared, intrigued and so ready to read the next chapter. I could not wait to go home and read. After finishing the book, I wanted more. So I started to read at home and in private.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Well, when I was in school that was what my class was called, English. And I really enjoyed it. I think I was the only one that actually read and understood classic literature. In English I always had the best grades. Can you guess what my worst subject is…..math. UGH!
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I say thank you and then pass it on to someone else who would enjoy it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Well I’m not sure if it similar but one of my first series I read was the Cirque De Freak by Darren Shan and love it!
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I talk too much. I do my best to let others do the talking but when I talk to someone and I’m excited (especially about books) I can talk!
18. What is your favorite word?
Not sure if my favorite word is a word but my fave word is whatnot. LOL! I always say,” Or whatnot.” HAHAH!
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Umm, I’m pretty sure I’m all the above but my husband calls me a nerd.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Why do I have choose? I like both. Why? They each have their own unique attributes.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Again? I have to choose. Both. Why? Well I love the whole pack drama and angels always have some kind of downfall. (Pun intended)
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Again. Both. Why? Well spirits have unfinished business which leads to mysteries and I love mysteries. And werewolves, the are similar to shapeshifters to the whole pack drama brings me in.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Wasn’t there a question for vampires? I like both. Both are undead and have lots of years on them.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Now this one I can answer. I don’t like Love Triangles, they always get me so angry. But forbidden love is one that I love to see.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
You know, currently I’m into books with action-packed and a few love scenes mixed in.